Monday 14 October 2024

Day 51 - my job here is done

 hong meiling (touhou) drawn by greenkohgen

Day 51
 
I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks is on the way.

I've spent a year in this company. Slowly more work was pushed onto me, often stuff not relating to my job description. Management replaced one competent person above me with five idiots and situation started deteriorating even more. I'm currently working as manual tester, automation tester, test architect... but also managing cooperation between teams and escalation of issues arising from it. I coined it mostly as laziness of new guys, but after boss directly above them decided that instead of helping when problem is escalated to him, he will give me coaching tips on how to be better manager... yeah that was the tipping point. That same day I asked for reassignment.

And now the offer is here. Of course it will not be fast, my current company has a month-long notice time before im gone. I'm happy to leave. Yesterday one of managers lied to the boss above him about what other team did for us. They didn't do it, but he claimed we have it. Today morning I asked him to provide the stuff, since he apparently has a better source than me. I know he will not provide, it's not the first time he lied to upper management. 

On the same meeting they even pushed onto me more work, making me all-important to the new project. Cool. Cool... The other tests is so lazy and dismissive that they even questioned if having him work with me (a stealthy question from me, as I know I will have to offload knowledge onto him sooner or later) will add any value.
 
Well... soon they will learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...