Sunday 6 October 2024

Day 42 - life is like a...

 lina inverse (slayers) drawn by ajirui

Day 42! The answer to the most important question is here! (and if you don't get that joke - shame on you!)
 
I am certainly a person of success. After all, how many thirty-one-years-olds can boast to have a good job, own house, wife, two daughters and hobbies? I also have a plot of land, work from comfort of my own home and can train fencing in my garden.

As absurd as it sounds I decided on my job in elementary school... and stubbornly stuck to this choice for more than a decade of education! 
 
I found my wife on Tinder, though we dropped the platform faster than Russian ruble. On our first date I took her to an axe-throwing club because I was so cynical and disillusioned about love I decided that worst case scenario I should have fun. Few increasingly strange dates later we were officially a couple. 
 
My house was bought with a loan, like most people my age. However it's not the first attempt at having house I did. Previously I bought a plot of land, paid for project of my dream house... and proceeded to ditch the idea of living there. I spent a year living in the rural area with my family and decided those areas are not for us. So I bought house in a small town, plot of land will be sold later to pay off huge parts of house loan.

They say every man wants a son. I have two daughters and honestly that's enough. I'm not the type to shove kid into kindergarten and forget it exists for most of the day. Thus having kids is constant work and effort. Demanding and exhausting, but I'm proud of my little mavericks. They have strength, confidence, empathy, curiosity and smarts needed to survive in this world, no matter what they decide to do in the future. 

Between fencing and writing my hobbies work both body and mind. Writing is an old habit, practically and integral part of who I am. Fencing helps me work through my shortcomings. Like being hesitant and overthinking things.

My life is a best life there is! I need no money, no riches or excessive things. I only want more time to enjoy it, and to rest after doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...