Thursday 5 September 2024

Day 11 - talk less, do more!

https://i.redd.it/kowsj6ku9cdd1.jpeg

Day 11.
 
Oh how my work bores me! I spend countless hours in pointless meetings. I can't even say that they could be an e-mail because no normal person would send e-mail empty or with lorem ipsum. Nobody wants to make a decision, nobody wants to do anything. Decisions are just an endless hot potato thrown between people "we need another meeting to discuss this topic". Oh come on! You spent three hours talking about trivial bullshit and still can't decide on action that will take five minutes or less to do! And don't even get me started on over-inviting people to meetings! What am I even doing on half of those? Today I got an unimportant task and I did it straight away, while more important work is boggled down in fruitless meetings.

I started translating my latest book into english. Not that one about mage and woodland spirit, but Stellar Debris - a science fiction story I decided to continue in the future. During boring meetings I shall be translating last book on the side. 

Today - rapier training. With dagger in the left hand. I'm terrible, I suck. It's difficult enough to keep track of one weapon on both sides, two is too much for me. Not gonna give up though. With enough time perhaps even I can be at least decent at fencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 50 - tedious

  Day 50.   I haven't touched translation of my book in a while. Probably because it's a type of work that is dangerously similar to...