Sunday 1 September 2024

Day 7 - I don't feel rested

 https://img10.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/donburikazoku-artist-Miqo%27te-Final-Fantasy-XIV-8577019.jpeg

Day 7 of NPC log.
 
 So today is my last day of vacations. Well, technically last day would be friday since weekends are off anyway. Wasn't restful, but still quite fine. A trip to another city, some work on my game, then my wife visited her horse.

As for what I did for the game - to test out animations in Godot I decided to start with something smaller. I animated a torch flame and made it smaller (it was human sized originally). It was easier than I expected, but Godot crashed and had to be opened again during almost every step. Curious.

Next time I'll go writing I'm finishing the story about Black Mist Woods and the mage parleying with spirit ruling it. Then I guess it's back to fantasy as my idea for the next science fiction piece kida spoiled from waiting, and I guess getting exhausted by characters and world. My wife finally picked up my latest book! After some fixes I will translate it while looking for errors and then publish.

I wrote a story about a group of players and their dungeon master getting transported to fantasy world rules by logic of the game they played. Isekai meets Dungeons&Dragons. It's something I first wrote back in university and then did a re-write few years back. I'm not gonna publish it, people would now think I ripped main idea from Baldurs Gate 3, since the story revolved around town being surrounded by essentially shadow lands from act 2 of the game. I also want to focus less on interpersonal drama and make characters less of a caricature of "typical D&D group". I had a permanently horny bard, kleptomaniac rogue, an anarchist ranger and meta-gaming wizard. And of course their dungeon master who was the only one to even want to go back to their original world. 

I must admit sometimes I hate having kids. I hate their angry screams when they are bored and impatient. I hate when my wife screams at me because of something kids did. I hate unending stream of cleaning they create and mess they leave everywhere.
 
It's worth it, I'm happy, but damn... I'd like them to have some kind of "do not disturb" mode. I accidentally managed to raise my older kid in a way she thinks watching Netflix is boring! She constantly wants to play, run around, dance, eat, drink, hide, seek, sing etc. all AT THE SAME TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...