Saturday 31 August 2024

Day 6 - I swear I didn't cause this weather... on purpose

 https://cdn.donmai.us/original/c8/d8/__rover_female_rover_and_crownless_wuthering_waves_drawn_by_takeno_hashi_falcon__c8d82a1e84d47468d6f12cda5cbba99e.png

Day 6 of the log.

Been a while since I last used my black book. Technically it's green but it doesn't matter. Do you remember the concept of taking your thoughts or memories out of mind and into bottles from Harry Potter? Black book is generally like that for negative emotions. I don't use it often, since overuse leads to robot-like emotionless state. I needed a bit more patience to deal with my kids today though. 

My wife was horsing around so I had to take care of the kids before party. That means making dinner, bathing kids, dish-washing, laundry, cleaning the bathroom after them etc. In addition her horse got a bit spooked by sudden storm, same as our kids. This adds a bit more time to being alone with youngsters. Younger one fell asleep mid-storm in my arms. Good, she will have more energy for party.

I also managed to bake CharMorph materials into textures for use in Godot and added ability to move in-game player character around. No animations yet, so it's just a naked woman T-Posing to assert dominance over the game area. I feel like she would make a good enemy for a horror level this way. Also it really makes the room I created feel small. There are some things I need to improve, I'm thinking about swapping from realistic to anime-style character before committing my time to animations.

It seems there was an extremely localised storm today. There was next to no clouds on radar and it covered a very unusual area for this region. Strange.

Party went fine, I guess. Good food, bad seating arrangement, terrible music, nice place. We were placed next to the people farthest away from us on family tree, they were practically strangers. It's sometimes nice to see again the world and family you worked your ass off to leave behind. 

Life is like a like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...