Friday 30 August 2024

Day 5 - I could sleep all day and I still would be tired

https://cdn.donmai.us/sample/6f/db/__original_drawn_by_hiko_scape__sample-6fdba7b7d0a865372b2270534b350920.jpg

 

Day 5, I guess.
 
'Twas a tedious day full of cleaning, buying clothes for my daughters, writing stories in a smoky room and hating the weather. Gods, I wish for like ten less Celsius where I live.  I'm tired just thinking about what I did today, especially the cleaning part.

I wrote fantasy for most of my life, but I ended up publishing this science fiction book. I have a second book already prepared, continuation to the published one, but I'm not going forward with it yet. I like to run the book through my wife's opinion. If book is clear for someone with semi-ADHD, then it should be clear and easy to follow for anyone. My wife promised me she will read it about a month ago, and I sent it to her three times since. She's really forgetful though.
So now I'm writing a small fantasy story as a break from science fiction. A story of a mage sent to cursed forest by emperor, who got cursed by the spirit ruling those woodlands after failed expedition to pacify it.

My leave from work is ending today. Frankly I'm exhausted. Alongside being off work I took upon myself quite a lot of daily housework. In fact my wife gained some weight and I lost some during those two weeks. I return to my daily job relieved that it's time to rest. Perhaps I will move some of less useful meetings outside and conduct them while woodcarving.

No other progress made today. I kinda feel bad about it, but I literally had no time or strength to do anything My arms are literary in pain after fencing and woodcarving. And tomorrow is a party! For a family member I barely know. I'm not a big fan of parties, I'm a highly functioning introvert so it's easy to put on a mask, but it's tiring.

A cup of apple cider ant it's time to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...