Monday 2 September 2024

Day 8 - Am I the only one working here?

 https://img10.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/full/nekomiya-mana-Zenless-Zone-Zero-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9-%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82-8579115.jpeg

Day 8 and first day back at work.
 
Today I made a lot of progress on a scabbard for my sword. It's made of two pieces of wood - one is actual scabbard, shape of my sword carved inside and it fits well. The other piece of wood is a cover with decoration in form of carved runes. Since I'm still a novice... bah! I'm a literal first-timer in the craft of woodcarving! Decoration is just "BRAVE" in runes. Now it needs only sanding and oiling. Something I hope to do tomorrow morning so that I can have it ready for Wednesday when I meet my fencing master. It will make carrying my sword a lot easier, since now I can put it on my back... like a witcher! I will probably hit the tool shop tomorrow morning too, grab a slightly bigger wood drill to fit internal screws - protection for wood from any wear and tear sourced from rope or leather strap.

Back at work today. It seems there was no progress and nothing happened fot the two weeks of my absence! Seeing this shit I spent most of the day going through old e-mails and woodworking. I feel like my position at the company is pretty much "they loose more than me if they fire me". Well, I'm kinda white raven in terms of qualifications profile so I will find a job for as long as companies need IT department. Right now I'm finding job through and intermediary that take their cut. I could get more money if I was working directly for my target employer, but back when I joined the middle-man company I valued not having to deal with  bureaucracy way above more money. Perhaps in the future this will change.

Magic works in mysterious ways. Localised storm from day 6 seemed to affect only a direct line between my home and home of the people my spell is supposed to protect us from. Just a few kilometres of storm in an otherwise hot summer weather. Funny that it could be one of the interpretations of my spell. Though when I wrote it I did not expect that "things going down for them and up for us" will be atmospheric pressure.

Beware the wild magic wizard! His magic works, but even he does not know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...