Saturday 14 September 2024

Day 20 - I love fencing!

 nyanta (log horizon) drawn by yadori_(frousol)

Day 20.
 
I participated in a fencing tournament today! Not a professional of course, but this means it was my second tournament ever. I managed to snatch third place, my greatest accomplishment ever in this topic. Despite the fact that I last used sabre like two or three years ago. Most of my tactic came from sword and rapier training. Still, third place out of six people - nice.

Funny enough trick to winning came from my wife's advice. She decided to sign up too, even if just for laughs and fun. After seeing me fighting and then fighting me she said most curious thing - "you fight completely different depending on whether you consider opponent to be superior or inferior to you". For some reason just thinking that I'm better or worse than my opponent causes me to be better or worse in fencing. I guess it all starts in the mind.

I gave it all, now my body hurts. Oh well - c'est la vie or something.

Among other news - today rained cats and dogs for the most of the day, especially morning. Rain stopped for a bit during tournament but otherwise we had small rivers flowing down the streets.

I would like my game to allow skill-based combat. I always liked Dark Souls series, and games made by From Software in general. I will be working on camera lock-on during combat sooner or later. But what about magic? Well, I was thinking to make magic more limited, like D&D4E did. All weapons will have up to five attacks/skills so that gaming mouse can have them all on. I'm thinking about limiting players to swapping between two weapon sets. It will limit tactics, but allow me to show the other set on their character - like for example staff or great-sword on their back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...