Wednesday 11 September 2024

Day 17 - over time chances are always higher than zero

 xelloss and greater beast zellas metallium (slayers and 1 more) drawn by lalazyt

Day 17 of NPC-like log!
 
Another afternoon of fencing lessons behind me. I'm tired, my muscles were hurting, but I'm happy. It feels good to move around, use my strength. 
 
Preparing spells for others, how quaint, I never thought in my younger day I will ever be doing this. Some part of me still considers magic to be just a charlatan deception instead of reality. Despite all I've experienced those doubts stay with me like old scars.
 
 I started out relatively young, in middle-school. Intuition and knowledge combined created methodology that became basis for my spells. The idea that you cannot cheat on the laws of physics, but you can cheat on probabilities. Everything that is uncertain can be manipulated. Back in those days I achieved limited mind reading, caused sickness in people, and once even controlled where thunder will strike during stormy weather. 

Silliest thing is that after achieving all of this I wasn't proud of myself. Young me was scared shitless and decided to go to catholic middle school, burned his spell-books etc. In catholic school I lost my faith in monotheistic god, but I never returned to magic.
 
That is - until last year, when my wife got interested in topic. I dusted off my old sources of knowledge surprised to see some webpages still standing. Who pays for their upkeep I wonder? I started keeping new wizarding book. Making notes on experiments, collecting information etc. She is more into natural, witch stuff like meditations, shamanic journey and dealing with spirits. I'm into spells, old rituals and divination. I should probably try her methods too, perhaps some knowledge that I'm missing is hidden there.

Life is like a sword - sometimes it hits hard, sometimes you're the one who swings it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...