Wednesday 18 September 2024

Day 24 - between love and a sharp blade

 ashley graves and andrew graves (the coffin of andy and leyley) drawn by renico

Day 24! I feel like this number is somehow significant.

Woah, it seems my boss really fired someone on a team meeting again. Today he tried convincing people it's not his normal behaviour, but as I already said - it was not his first time. 

Another afternoon fencing lessons. Long-sword in a stormy weather, hoping no lightning decides a tall guy with steel bar is a good target. Also dodging hail and drying off your wet clothes with breathing techniques. Surprisingly fire-type meditation breathing technique is amazing for turning up the internal heat. Wim-Hoff tricks are similar but without visualisation. My master is already trying to persuade me to go to another tournament. I don't feel ready though.

This week my wife has her own tournament. A horse riding one. I'm taking care of our kids in the meantime. I hope everything goes well and she achieves what she set out to. She got some praise from my fencing master after participating in open tournament with me, we also have a funny photo of use crossing swords with description "how to solve marriage arguments 1o1". Between my fencing and her horse riding we are practically one functional knight!

I never really liked concept of animation cancelling in games. It felt like character has a seizure trying to do even most basic combo. Thus I was thinking about another way to do combos in my game. For now my idea is that auto-attack has three to five animations in a chain. Every skill also has starting position that matches end of one of the auto-attack animations. If you fire skill after correct auto-attack it fires immediately. If you fire it after wrong one your character will first assume correct position creating delay. In addition each skill also should end in position for next auto-attack so that players can weave them together easily. Of course delay from changing position could be also used to fool enemy. Now to hammer out the kinks, make animations and figure out how to implement this system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...