Monday 16 September 2024

Day 22 - Corporations ara amazing at wasting everyone's time

 ,Anime Original,anime,fandoms,anime art,TeraAru6262,neko,animal ears,Animal Ears (Anime),Anime Unsorted

Day 22, and what a tiring day it was!
 
Six out of eight hours of my work today were taken by meetings. In which I truly participated and should have been invited for only half an hour, give or take a quarter. I got to hear my boss threaten another manager with loosing the job. It was kinda hilarious exchange:
 
Boss: Since you have trouble keeping this report up do date, perhaps we should give it to someone else...
Manager: oh yes, that would help a lot
Boss: ...alongside your job and pay, since this report is practically your only responsibility here.

Why a lowly tester was invited to listen to managers discussing high level reports is beyond me. Listening to them was almost like psychological torture. Bad stuff.

And so another day ends and I'm tired. Tired mentally and psychologically, while my body haven't yet fully regenerated from the weekend. I did nothing productive, stuck to my seat and headset while people I do not care about talked about stuff I do not care about. I'm not even employee of their company, just a contractor from third party. 

Mug of tea and dwarf fortress is probably all I need now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...