Saturday 7 September 2024

Day 13 - some stories just write themselves

 hatsume mei (boku no hero academia) drawn by joshirah

Who said 13 is unlucky?
 
 Today is a fifth anniversary of my marriage. Neither me or my wife remembered, family member reminded us. Funny. We remembered our fifth anniversary, but after that... I guess having kids is too hectic to remember. For my wife those five years were extremely short, she still isn't bored by me. For me those five years were extremely long, I feel like my life before meeting her was just a pointless wait with nothing important happening. We decided to have a little outing tomorrow, assuming her parents can take care of kids for an hour or two.

Today was mostly centred around my daughter. There were try-outs at local dance school and she ended up signing up for one of the courses. Sounds fun, I was never good at dancing but I admire people who do this.

One thing I love about books, that I cannot ever have in other media, is the power of imagination. Discussing my book with my wife I noticed she imagines one of the crewmembers completely different than I do. I think it's fine. If a hundred people read my book and each of them has completely different image for the same character, that only adds to the book. Each of those readers had extremely personal experience, despite book being written only once.

That being said - I'm thinking about next story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...