Monday 26 August 2024

Day 1 - Good day, tired, cravings for truffles and cider

 https://cdn.donmai.us/original/db/8e/__hoshino_girls_und_panzer_drawn_by_kuroneko_douji__db8e4de46b79843cbf83bd2234c6a60d.png

My wife recently advised me to keep a daily log of how I feel and what I find important in my day. For mental health apparently, but I feel like NPC. After all isn't it strange that in so many RPG games you can find literally an uneducated peasant to keel a journal of everyday life? Is education in fantasy worlds crazy good, or are everyone in fantasy worlds so forgetful they need to keep a record of their thoughts and ideas?

Never mind, let's fucking go.

I decided to start making a game. An MMORPG because no existing one was ever able to keep me for long, in Godot engine with Blender graphics because I'm a junkie for free tools, and I plan to do a server side in Java because that's what I've been doing for the past ten years.

This is technically the second day of making a game. For now mostly finding out how to transfer stuff from Blender to Godot. On first day I managed to create a brick-walled room by baking Blender materials into simpler textured solutions. Today I made a very simple wall torch sconce and forced Godot to accept that fire should glow and illuminate the room. My next step will most likely be making a simple character to move around. No animations yet, but I will probably grab some free animesque models from the net.

I made steamed sweet potatoes with carrots and broccoli and boiled eggs as filling part. Went well, but I made too much for our family of four.

I also cut a piece of wood to make a mushroom out of. It's a good woodcarving practice and my wife wants some small shrooms to "plant" under decorative plants.

Life's good. Tiring, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 51 - my job here is done

  Day 51   I got an offer to join another project in my contract management company. Which means quite a surprise for my current job folks i...